Position: Middle and High School ScienceTeacher
Job Description: The teacher will:
- Prepare comprehensive lesson plans and instruct students using a variety of teaching strategies.
- Adjust and enhance the curriculum to meet the diverse needs of the students.
- Include project-based learning in order to make the content relate to real life.
- Evaluate, monitor, and track students’ performance.
- Possess a high degree of knowledge in the field of Science and convey standard concepts, practices, and procedures clearly and accurately.
- Contribute to the rich student life program.
- Serve as the faculty advisor to a small group of students.
- Facilitate ongoing communication with parents regarding student progress, including formal written reports in accordance with the school calendar.
- Teach an additional electives course as needed.
- Maintain a high level of computer and technology skill, strong organizational skills, and ability to multitask.
- Participate in the school’s extensive pre-service/in-service training and mentoring program.
- Perform other supervisory duties as assigned.
Requirements: The ideal candidate must possess:
- A strong interest in learning disabilities and in facilitating improvement using varied instructional strategies
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Virginia state licensure and teaching experience is preferred.
- Experience in working with students with learning differences is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A desire and willingness to grow professionally and work as part of a team.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Send resume and letter of interest to Christina Carson, The Marshall School, 5707 Salem Run Blvd., Fredericksburg, Virginia 22407, or email email@example.com
The Thurgood Marshall School and Leadership Academy is an equal opportunity employer. The school provides equal employment opportunity to all employees, and job applicants without regard to an individual’s race, sex, sexual orientation, color, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, marital status, disability, genetic information, military service, or other factor prohibited by federal law.